NT labs FMG mixture
Anti-Parasite & Fungus Treatment for Koi
Treats: White Spot, Trichodina, Costia, Chilodonella and fungus.
When to use:
- When fish show symptoms of a parasitic or fungal infection, including white spots along the fins and body, flicking and rubbing, gasping at the surface, an opaque film over the body or fluffy, white growths.
- Suitable for koi only.
- Test your water quality using Pondlab Test Kits.
- Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water, pour evenly over the surface of the pond and leave for 7 days. Switch on UV filtration until the colour has gone from the water. Aerate the pond well during treatment.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary, check your diagnosis carefully using the Diagnosis Tool on our website; a different medication may be more suitable. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before re-treating or treating with a dfferent medication.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
- Do not use with orfe, rudd, tench or sturgeon/sterlet.
- Do not use if the water temperature is above 30°C.
- Do not use in hot, humid, thundery conditions.
- Do not mix medications.
View our medicinal treatment rules
- Q: Can I use FMG in a mixed-species pond? A: No. As this product is in our Koi Care range, it should be used in koi-only ponds. If you have a variety of species in the pond, our Pond range product, Eradick - Anti-Parasite & Fungus, is a more appropriate option; take a look. However, avoid using either treatment in hot, humid or thundery weather.
- Q: Can I use FMG with salt in the water? A: Yes, provided this is at a concentration of 0.3% (or 3g/L) or lower. To accurately measure the salt concentration of your pond, use a hydrometer or ask your local fish shop to test a sample for you.
- Q: How often can I repeat the treatment? A: You should wait 7 days after adding the dose before re-treating or using a different medication. Ensure you perform a partial water change after the 7 days have elapsed, regardless of whether another round of treatment is required.
- Q: Can I leave my UV on during treatment? A: No, you should turn off any UV filters for 7 days from when you add the dose.
- Q: Will FMG affect my water quality test results? A: No, so long as the colour has faded from the water. This should happen within a few days of the product being added.
Active Ingredients: Malachite Green 500 mg/100 ml, Formaldehyde 15000 mg/100 ml
Available in the following variations:
250ml, 500ml, 1 Litre & 2.5 Litre