NT Labs Malachite
Anti-Fungal Treatment for Koi
Treats: Fungus caused by Saprolegnia
When to use:
- When fish have white growths on the body, head or fins, which may contain some green or brown discolouration.
- Malachite can be used in conjunction with Koi Care Formaldehyde to treat fungal infections more effectively.
- Suitable for koi only.
- Test your water quality using Pondlab Test Kits.
- Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water, pour evenly over the surface of the pond and leave for 7 days. Switch off UV filtration until treatment has been completed. Aerate the pond well during treatment.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary, check your diagnosis carefully using the Diagnosis Tool on our website; a different medication may be more suitable. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before re-treating or treating with a different medication.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
- If required, mix with Koi Care Formaldehyde prior to adding to the pond, following the instructions above.
- Do not use with orfe, rudd, tench or sturgeon/sterlet.
- Do not use if the water temperature is above 30°C.
- Do not use in hot, humid, thundery conditions.
- Do not mix medications, other than combining with Koi Care Formaldehyde.
View our medicinal treatment rules
Active Ingredients: Malachite Green 1.0% w/v
Available in the following variations:
250ml, 500ml, 1 Litre & 2.5 Litre