NT labs Permanganate
Anti-Parasite & Antiseptic Treatment for Koi
Treats: Fish Lice, Leeches, Anchor-Worm, Parasites & Ulcers
When to use:
- When fish have visible external parasites such as lice and leeches, or show signs of parasitic infection (such as flicking, rubbing or gasping) or ulcers.
- Permanganate can be used as a whole pond treatment to treat parasitic infections from Costia, Trichodina, Chilodonella, etc, or as a dip treatment in a seperate volume of water to treat fish lice and leeches, and for cleaning ulcers.
- Suitable for koi only.
- Test your water quality using Pondlab Test Kits.
- When treating the whole pond: Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water and pour evenly over the surface of the pond. Switch off UV filtration until the pink colour has gone from the water. Aerate the pond well during treatment. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before treating with a different medication.
- When dip-treating fish: Add the appropriate dosage to a bucket of clean water and gently submerge fish. Provide additional aeration during the course of the dip. Leave fish in the dip treatment for no more than 30 minutes.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary, check your diagnosis carefully using the Diagnosis Tool on our website; a different medication may be more suitable.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
- Do not use with orfe, rudd, tench or sturgeon/ sterlet.
- Do not use if water temperature is above 22°C.
- Do not use in hot, humid, thundery weather.
- Do not leave fish unattented during dip treatments.
- Do not leave fish in dip treatments for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not mix medications.
View our medicinal treatment rules
Active Ingredients: Potassium permanganate 4000mg/100ml
Available in the following variations:
250ml, 500ml, 1 Litre & 2.5 Litre